human biology questions

From: Mike Schulist (schulist@marin.k12.ca.us)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 09:05:41 PDT

Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 09:05:41 -0700
From: Mike Schulist <schulist@marin.k12.ca.us>
Subject: human biology questions

Can any human biology experts answer these questions that my students
have asked me (the earth science major...)
1. How do musicians do "circular breathing" where they play a note
continuously for many minutes?
2. Do you breath in more air than you breath out?
3. What does the chemicals in an asthma inhaler do to help you breath?
4. Do bones bruise?
5. Are people born from C-sections more likely to get asthma?
6. What causes the diaphragm spasms that create hiccups (assuming
this is what creates hiccups). Why does drinking water with your
nose or ears plugged or being really scared help get rid of hiccups?
7. Does your heart skip a beat when you sneeze?
Thanks for your expertise!