Re: pinhole human biology questions

From: Gene Thompson (gthompso@ccsf.cc.ca.us)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 15:45:25 PDT

Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 15:45:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Gene Thompson <gthompso@ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: Re: pinhole human biology questions

I'm not a music teacher but I do have some instrumental background and
knew quite a few musicians who circular breathed. The trick, as far as I
understand it (and I can't do it myself), is to get a mouth full of air
then breathe in through your nose while squeezing the air out of your
mouth. This keeps air flowing through the instrument while you
restock. In people just learning, you can hear when they're doing this as
the volume decreases and there's often weakness in the pitch. But when
people get good at it, there's no way to tell by listening.

Ellen Koivisto