summer institutes with save the bay

From: Lori Lambertson (loril@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 17:21:09 PDT

Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 17:21:09 -0700
From: Lori Lambertson <loril@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: summer institutes with save the bay

Hello Pinholers,
Here are some summer and school year programs for teachers from our friends
at Save the Bay. Some of you are already familiar with their "Canoes in
Sloughs" program.
Lori

The following programs are offered by the education department of Save The
Bay. To learn more about one of these programs visit our website at
www.savesfbay.org. To register for one of them or to check for
availability call Josh Bagnato at 510-452-9261 (113) or e-mail him at
jbagnato@savesfbay.org.

Gold Rush to the Golden Gate June 24 - 29, 2001
Experience the San Francisco Bay-Delta and California's largest watershed
during our weeklong institute. Our trip will begin in the American River
and end at the Golden Gate Bridge, as we learn about and follow the CA
watershed from the foothills of the Sierra Nevada to the Pacific.
Fee: $150.00 (+$90.00 for 2 CEU from Dominican University)

Finding Our Roots in Restoration August 5 - 10, 2001
Take a weeklong journey from the Mokelumne River to the open Bay as we
introduce various action projects taking place throughout the Bay and ways
in which your school can get involved. By examining California's rich
history, we will identify ways that we all can contribute to creating a
sustainable future for the Bay.
Fee: $150.00 (+$90.00 for 2 CEU from Dominican University)

Canoes in Sloughs March - November
Bring your 6th-12th grade students to experience and learn about the San
Francisco Bay in canoes. Students will engage on a daylong experiential
voyage that will bring science, ecology and the Bay to life in a safe and
fun manner. The emphasis is on experiential activities involving
educational tools such as water -quality testing kits, dip nets, maps,
charts and field guides.
Fee: $0-$30.00 per student (based on a sliding scale) Minimim:15 Maximum:28