- Learning Studio - week of May 6

From: Gilles Poitras (gilles@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 14:46:30 PDT

Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 14:46:30 -0700
From: Gilles Poitras <gilles@exploratorium.edu>
Subject:  - Learning Studio - week of May 6

This week I have no new titles to report.

We are saving print titles to order next month when the new budget cycle
starts so I hope to soon start listing lots of cool stuff.

Instead I'll give a few tips.

Have you got a favorite subject you check our catalog on?

For example dragonflies.

Just do a subject search in our catalog, http://library.exploratorium.edu/
, for dragonflies and bookmark it.

The next time you select it from the book mark list the catalog will do a
fresh search and display any new titles.

You can do this with many, but not all, library catalogs that are
searchable on the Web.

You can even copy the URL that results from a search into a web page.

For librarians and teachers this means they can create web pages on
subjects that include links that generate searchs for a variety of items in
various library catalogs or databases.

At my previous job I used such links for searches in various organization
publication databases.

Give it a try.

Gilles Poitras gilles@exploratorium.edu
Learning Studio, Exploratorium Museum