RE 3-D glasses

From: MC elover (mcelover@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 10:50:57 PDT

Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 10:50:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: MC elover <mcelover@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE 3-D glasses

Hey pinholers

I put together a really great 3-D slide show using
polarizing filter 3-D glasses instead of the red-blue
kind. I took slide pictures with my own camera. For
each shot, I took 2 picturesof the same thing, moving
my camera to the side about 3-4 inches in between
pictures. Then I use 2 projectors with alternating
polarizing filters--oriented at 45 degree angles
acutally. The projectors put two overlaping images on
the screen (which has to be metalic or "silvered")that
look blurry when you look at them directly. But throw
on a pair of polarizing filter 3-D glasses--which have
a filter for each eye, also at 45 degree angles--and
voila! 3-D pictures!

Here's a wesite though which i ordered the glasses

http://stereoscopy.com/reel3d/

The only problem with the polarizing filters is that
if you tilt your head to the side, the effect is
ruined.

Fun!

--Eric