"Life Through Time - self guided tours"

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 14:40:27 PDT

Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 14:40:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: "Life Through Time - self guided tours"

I was a volunteer at the CAS during the creation of
the Life Through Time Exhibit and went through seminar
in some of the best ways to use the exhibit. We were
given a forty slide set, with statements explaining
each slide. The show has pictures of the creation of
the dioramas and some specific information on the
animals and geology. I find it very useful to use in
getting students ready for the exhibit (I think I must
be old because my students seem fascinated with a
slide projector!) Anyone should feel free to contact
me and I will lend you the slide set.

If you haven't been in touch with the National Center
for Science Education you might get in touch with
them. They are a clearing house for teaching evolution
and often have wonderful curriculm ideas.

With firm handshake,

Raleigh McLemore
Horace Mann Year Round Elementary School
5222 Ygnacio Ave
Oakland, CA 94619

School: (510) 879-1360
Home: (510) 436-6289