Re: Pinhole Digest #668 - 06/19/01

From: Steve Miller (nanodog2@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 16:56:04 PDT

From: "Steve Miller" <nanodog2@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Pinhole Digest #668 - 06/19/01
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:56:04 -0700

Personally I welcomed Karen's posting. If you look in the newspaper of the
CSTA - California Classroom Science - Larry Lack has an article that
presents the electricity issue from a science teacher's point of view: 'Is
the crisis caused by greedy Californians? Evidence debunks this myth.' He
raises issues of critical thinking, aasking key questions, scientific
method. Many of these questions came from his kids. My Physics kids really
enjoyed looking at the issue while we were studying electricity. There is,
after all, an objective reality which all scientists should address - and
this ain't PG&E' line, nor is it the governor's. Don't we as teachers have a
responsibility to address the truth? What has been raised in pinhole

I saw Karen's posting as informative, rather than ideological or
indoctrinational.

Steve Miller