Re: Fish Habitat Parameters

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 09:57:24 PDT

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:57:24 EDT
Subject: Re: Fish Habitat Parameters

<<
> Steelhead habitat
> by "Raleigh McLemore" <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>

Dear Raleigh:

You might want to contact the California State Department of Fish and Game.
They were most helpful when my son's Boy Scout Troup started doing stream and
creek restoration in Marin County. Likewise the Federal Government has done
a lot of research in that area but I don't recall the department with most of
the data. The State of Idaho produces most of the farm raised steelhead in
the US so they should have some good data about what conditions in which the
fish do best. Try the Google search engine and type in "steelhead fish
habitat" for thousands of web sites to gleen information from. To narrow the
search just try adding words like, "water temperature."

Best of luck,

Al Sefl