project ideas

From: Gary Horne (gary.horne@excite.com)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 11:09:01 PDT

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:09:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: Gary Horne <gary.horne@excite.com>
Subject: project ideas

Hey all,

I want to create a year-long math project for my sixth grade class.
Ideally, this would be something that the kids would build at the end of the
year requiring an extensive amount of mathematics to plan. Perhaps
something which is simple to build but can have many different variations.
My hope is that, in addition to teaching the mathematics necessary for the
project, the kids can test it using spreadsheets before construction.

So far, I've thought of,

A catapult/projectile where the kids make a launch pad and target,

CO2 car

Garden design (planting at different times to achieve correct look after x
number of days)

Solar oven

But none of these are quite right. Any other ideas out there?

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/