Re: pinhole project ideas

From: Gene Thompson (gthompso@ccsf.cc.ca.us)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 20:33:21 PDT

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 20:33:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: Gene Thompson <gthompso@ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: Re: pinhole project ideas

How about a scale model of the solar system across your city? This
involves making a scale that's big enough so you can see the planets (even
if they're just dots) but small enough so that the model fits in a
geographical area that's accessible, contact stores in the proper
locations to host the planets and the planet and project info,
constructing the sun and planets, doing the measuring, etc.etc. It takes
a while. I did this with a high school physical science class and it took
us a month to get everything set up and done...

Ellen Koivisto, SF