Re: seeing blue when staring into the sun

From: William Powers (ntbp@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 18:46:11 PDT

Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 18:46:11 -0700
From: William Powers <ntbp@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: seeing blue when staring into the sun

Hi everyone,
I have a student who claims that she stares into the sun everyday about 15
minutes and ususally sees blue around the outer ring of the sun after a while.
She would like to know what's been damaged in her eyes and why she sees blue. I
really appreciate some insight from our panel of experts out there. My students
have been hearing what a great summer I had at the Exploratorium and they are
ready to rock and roll with science. We are thinking of borrowing the Iron
Science Teacher format to conduct an Iron Science Student performance for our
small school of 60. Anyone has done this?

Nicole