Interesting news about Evolution series on KQED

From: Ben Pittenger (ben_pittenger@n2mail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 07:37:19 PDT

Date: 7 Sep 2001 14:37:19 -0000
From: "Ben Pittenger" <ben_pittenger@n2mail.com>
Subject: Interesting news about Evolution series on KQED

Hi everyone -

First, I've got to say that I came up with eggplant, not carrot!

But -

I went to the preview/discussion last night about the upcoming WGBH Evolution series that is going to be shown on KQED September 24 - 27. It looks like it will be quite good. (I almost wish I owned a TV) But the interesting news is that they are encouraging teachers to record it for classroom use. It's long - 8 hours, I believe. And it's aired late - from 9:00 to 11:00 (so much for getting my 7th graders to watch it). But I like at least that they are encouraging us to record it, so that little bit of guilt that would accompany clandestine recording is removed. (Apparently we are technically allowed to record it and use the tape for one year from the date of airing, but they plan to show it each year, for 5 years)

Ah, back to lesson planning!
Ben

Sign up for your free web based email today!
http://www.n2mail.com