CA math standards

From: Monya Baker (monya_baker@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 13:45:21 PDT

From: "Monya Baker" <monya_baker@hotmail.com>
Subject: CA math standards
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 13:45:21 -0700

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know of any resources for the CA math standards besides the Teachers' Guide, its addendum and the released items from the high school exit exam?  I'm freelancing for a company that's developing resources for teachers to help kids get up to the standards and am trying to get my brain around the standards and find good  resources.  (BTW:  I"m as concerned about these standards as everyone else, but think that since they're here, we need people who have been in a classroom developing the teacher resources.

More specifically, "dimensional analysis" means using the units to help figure out the answer, right? (i.e. if you need to end up with an answer in miles per hour, you divide distance by time) One of the geometry standards includes the phrase "check the units of solutions and use dimensional analysis to check the reasonableness of the answer."

Thanks for any advice!  (To pinholers that are waitng for the ecology curriculum, I'm hoping to send it out before Halloween)