nimh batteries

From: Damon Jansen (dkjansen@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 08:19:18 PDT

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:19:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: Damon Jansen <dkjansen@yahoo.com>
Subject: nimh batteries

I have a battery question for y'all. I have a student
who races remote-controlled cars. He has nimh (nickel
metal hydride) batteries and a charger which has
adjustments on it. I haven't had a ton of time to
play with the charger, but it looks like you can
either adjust the charging voltage, current, or both.

It is a smart charger, which means it's supposed to
shut off when the batteries are charged. However,
this student fried some batteries when recharging
them. Unfortunately, the charger doesn't come with
much in the way of instructions. Does anyone know of
a good resource where we could find out what the
settings should be to charge these batteries?

Thanks a ton,

damon jansen