Re: magic sunglasses

From: Todd Bank (tbank@ndhsb.org)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 22:21:53 PST

Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 22:21:53 -0800
From: "Todd Bank" <tbank@ndhsb.org>
Subject: Re:  magic sunglasses

OK so we have found these data and are stuck for an explaination.

the percentage of light blocked by sunglasses is dependent on intensity of light
?????

We do a lab about sunglasses and intensity of light with Venier light probes (older more basic models) hooked to ULI. We check readings at increasing distance, then repeat at same distance with sunglasses.

For each location we calculate percent transmission. We find close to light source(high intensity) higher percentage transmission ; greater distance (lower intensity) lower percent transmission.

This seems to be an inverse of Beer's law, which makes no sense to me.
How is the fraction of energy transmitted related to the incident energy?

Todd Bank

--

Mr. Bank