schoolyard habitats mini-grants

From: Karen A. Mendelow (karenm@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 10:43:11 PST

Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:43:11 -0800
From: "Karen A. Mendelow" <karenm@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: schoolyard habitats mini-grants

This is the information from the National Wildlife Federation mini-grant
program for schoolyard habitats. Plan for your spring plantings with a
mini-grant!

Reminder the deadline is January 15, 2002!

The National Wildlife Federation's Schoolyard Habitats Program provides
materials and teacher training workshops for educators and school
communities interested in creating or restoring wildlife habitat on their
school grounds. In 1998, the Wild Seed Fund was created as an effort to
further assist schools in getting their Schoolyard Habitats projects off
the ground. In 2002, we are able to offer fifty $250.00 mini-grants to
schools across the country.

To be eligible, you must be in the initial phases of a Schoolyard Habitats
project, plan to use the site for educational purposes, and certify your
Schoolyard Habitats site with the National Wildlife Federation by March 15,
2003.

 The deadline for applications is January 15, 2002.

Applications can be downloaded from our website:
www.nwf.org/schoolyardhabitats/creatinghabitatsites.cfm

Stacy L. Carr
Schoolyard Habitats Program Coordinator
National Wildlife Federation