Antarctica, Animals, and Little kids

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 19:50:33 PST

Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:50:33 -0800 (PST)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Antarctica, Animals, and Little kids

I haven't been following the adventures of the gang of
four in Antarctica. Of course a class of first and
second graders, after reading a book, are suddenly
interested in the animal life down there. Can anyone
suggest a particularly useful clip that I can show. It
needs to be clear and simple to be useful. If the
Exploratorium crew didn't address much time to the
subject does anyone have a website for me to show the
little tykes? Any of the fresh frozen Exploratorium
people interested in spending a few minutes with a
goofy bunch of Oakland fidgeters to talk about the
experience?

By the way. Is a compass useless down there? How wide
is a longitude degree near the pole? This is so
typical, I don't get curious until the damn thing is
over. Day late, dollar short!

With firm handshake,
Raleigh