whiteboards

From: Deb Jensen (deb@meer.net)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 17:31:55 PST

Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 09:31:55 +0800
From: Deb Jensen <deb@meer.net>
Subject: whiteboards

>>In our physics classroom, there is a whiteboard that is almost
>>impossible to erase -- you have to really scrub it, and then clean it
>>with some sort of solvent to get the ink to come off. My first
>>question is whether it's possible to recondition a white board by
>>refinishing it with some sort of polish. I'm not sure what you'd use
>>to do this.

We have a problem with the custodians cleaning the boards with soap and
water...this leaves a film that makes the board very hard to erase,
smearing around the dry ink pens. When we can get them to stay away from
the boards, we clean them with the (expensive) whiteboard cleaning fluid
and they work much better.

deb \m/