re:pinhole nonWestern countries contributions to science

From: Gilles Poitras (gilles@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 15:20:03 PDT

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:20:03 -0700
From: Gilles Poitras <gilles@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: re:pinhole nonWestern countries contributions to science

At 2:32 PM -0700 4/17/02, Raleigh McLemore wrote:

>I haven't spent much time on Asian cultural
>contributions to science, but I'm sure it is well
>documented.

A good start is the massive Science and Civilization in China. This
multivolume set of oversized volumes covers every branch of science.

Another thing to do is look at the names of the scientists connected with
American Universities and research labs. Many are from non-Western nations.

For web stuff see:

http://www.exploratorium.edu/ls/infosources/HistoryInfo.html

This page is very much in it's infancy and a bit messy, I'll upload a much
cleaner version in about an hour.

Gilles Poitras gilles@exploratorium.edu
Learning Studio, Exploratorium Museum