Elevation/Topography

From: Patty Koetzner (pkoetzner@phs.srcs.K12.ca.us)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 08:30:52 PDT

From: "Patty Koetzner" <pkoetzner@phs.srcs.K12.ca.us>
Subject: Elevation/Topography
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 08:30:52 -0700

My classes are constructing 3-D maps of topographical features. A students
asked me a question that neither I or my neighboring colleagues can answer:
If the moon has no sea = sea level = 0', then what point of reference is
used on the moon to determine the elevations of features on the moon?
Patty Koetzner
pkoetzner@phs.srcs.k12.ca.us