Re: pinhole bird outreach program

From: Celia Cuomo (celia@mo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 20:52:19 PDT

Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 20:52:19 -0700
Subject: Re: pinhole bird outreach program
From: Celia Cuomo <celia@mo.com>

Melissa,

You might want to try Point Reyes Bird Observatory. I've had their
education folks come to my 5th grade class and they were great! For one
program, they brought study skins of various local birds and taught kids how
to use important markings to identify them. I don't know what they do for
high school students, and I don't think they go to the Peninsula, but
perhaps they can direct you to a good outreach program that meets your
needs. Melissa Pitkin is the one to contact -- you can tell her that I
recommended her to you. I think she'll remember me (Celia Cuomo, formerly
of Manor Elementary School in Fairfax). You can reach her via email
<mpitkin@prbo.org> or call 415-868-1221.

Good luck.

Celia