Looking for a math content writer

From: Monya Baker (monya_baker@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 12:13:50 PDT

Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 12:13:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: Monya Baker <monya_baker@yahoo.com>
Subject: Looking for a math content writer

Hi Pinholers,

Umm, the last time I posted, I promised to send folks
a copy of some curriculum...I still mean to.

In the meantime, here's a job opening that could be
really fun. I'm working for Edusoft part-time now,
love working from home, and think that my work will be
really valuable to educators. Please forward this to
anyone you think is appropriate.

Thanks, Monya
******************************
Edusoft, www.edusoft.com, is looking for someone to
write standards-aligned math questions for grades 3-8.
 The pay's good, the hours will be approximately
full-time but very flexible (you'd work mainly from
home), the staff is nice, and the technology is very
useful.

Edusoft is a San Francisco based startup that helps
teachers USE information from student tests to improve
student progress. Teachers create and
administer tests with standards-aligned questions, and
students' answer grids are fed into an internet-linked
scanner that accepts regular paper.
The teacher gets results of how students are doing by
standard, and achievement can be tracked over time, by
student group, with related standards, or any
way you think is valuable. Best of all, the program
creates INDIVIDUALIZED HOMEWORK assignments; which are
geared to students' specific weaknesses;
since homework is no longer busywork, you get more
buy-in from students. [fewer copying problems too!]
Also, the teacher can take as much or as
little control as s/he wants.

Edusoft is looking for people with:
1. A deep understanding of elementary mathematics
2. Experience writing standards-aligned questions
3. Availability for 40 hours a week through December
4. One of the following:
        a college degree in math or the sciences
        3+ years teaching experience in math or the sciences

If you would like more information, send a resume and
cover letter to Dan Yates (dan@edusoft.com).