HELP! LEONIDS EXACT DATE AS WE KNOW IT...

From: ASKDRSP@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 19:27:54 PDT

From: ASKDRSP@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 22:27:54 EDT
Subject: HELP! LEONIDS EXACT DATE AS WE KNOW IT...

Hi Everyone,

I am currently negotiating with administration at our school to allow a
Family Science Night in the desert to view the Leonids this year. I checked
my SUMMER TI notes which put the peak at Northern Hemisphere, California time
2:30 am on the 19th of November WHICH WOULD MEAN LEAVING FOR THE DESERT AFTER
SCHOOL ON MONDAY THE 18TH. However, I have just checked the NASA site and
seem to be getting a conflicting report. HELP, HELP, HELP... PLEASE, PLEASE,
PLEASE. To make it simple for MY mind to comprehend, hahahah... I hear you
giggling ... is it TRUE ... Leave for desert after school on November 18th to
see the Leonid Peak at 2:30 am that following morning ... just after midnight
so to speak? OR... AM I OFF BY ONE FULL 24 HOUR PERIOD????

HELP, PLEASE, OH PLEASE!!

Thank you to anyone who knows FOR SURE. By the way, keep your fingers
crossed, I hope admin says yes, this would be such a great opp. for our
students.

Thanks to all.

Take care,
Sue Pritchard