Topo Maps

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 20:07:13 PDT

Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:07:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Topo Maps

The Oakland Public Library has given a huge collection
of Topo Maps to the East Bay Center for Creative
Reuse, on San Pablo near Ashby. The maps are mostly
mid-west and east coast, but they are only a dime and
you can get them cheaper in bulk. Some are quite old
(one shows the "path across Berring Straight Land
Bridge" and another mentions "Ferry service to Island
of India") but other than that they are plentiful and
cheap. Landforms? Map Reading? Christmas Wrap? If you
go there they are on your immediate right as you
enter.
I also got some complete "Trauma Team" outfits, with
yellow plastic suit, gloves, and visor, for a buck. I
have no idea why I bought them but they are sure
spiffy.
Last, If you ever wanted a cheap ($0.85)
miniture,battery powered record player, they have
them. They are old "baby doll" voice boxes. They too
are a useless purchase that now sits on my dining room
table...occasionaly crying softly.

With firm handshake,
Raleigh