Hair Chemistry

From: JLEET@prodigy.net
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 17:15:08 PST

Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 20:15:08 -0500
From: JLEET@prodigy.net
Subject: Hair Chemistry

I am planning on doing a hair perming lab in my
Integrated Science Course in which we will perm
strands of hair and observe how the cortex of the hair
is effected.

Looking at several strands of hair through a
microscope, I have found that some of the hair has a
cortex that is very evident, while other hair is not
so evident. I tried this with hair that is blond,
brown, thick, thin and found the results to be varied
in each. Is there an explanation for this? Should
one be able to see a cortex in most hair?

Thank you very much,

Take good care of yourselves,

Joe