District hits iceberg, rats lower boats, no music on deck (they cut the music budget)

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 09:10:41 PST

Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 09:10:41 -0800 (PST)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: District hits iceberg, rats lower boats, no music on deck (they cut the music budget)

Yesterday Oakland Unified bossses have hinted at a
desire to eliminate 50 elementary school prep
teachers. Since I am probabaly a member of this august
body my survival instincts have kicked in. While this
is only the rants of a few deranged administrators,
they also are powerful deranged administrators so, as
a rather careful rat, I am wondering if anyone has
ideas about where a elementary school science prep
position might be opening next year. I prefer the
immediate East Bay area around Oakland.

If there aren't any good elementary school science
prep jobs out there then this is it folks, I might
finally end up a middle school teacher!

With a firm (ratlike) handshake,
Raleigh