Re: pinhole source of smoke needed

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 07:43:17 PST

Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:43:17 -0800 (PST)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: pinhole source of smoke needed

Always there with at least two cents worth to weigh in
with. When I was a younger person, I used to love
model planes and such. Sometimes I would hold a "punk"
or a fireworks lighter device near the surfaces of the
planes to see how the smoke behaved...not very
scientific, but a fan messed up the air so much I gave
up trying to make a "wind tunnel". It wouldn't be
until I met the Exploratorium people that I discovered
directing the air from the fan through many tubes
helped stabilize the air flow.
I used to buy punks down in Chinatown. It looks like a
sparkler, burns for a long time and releases a thin
stream of smoke while it burns. I haven't seen one in
a long time, but how bout a piece of heavy twine with
a little diesel oil rubbed in, then lit to smoulder
peacefully? Never tried it though.

With firm handshake,
Raleihg