RAFT Glove-a-phone heads up.

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 20:13:56 PST

Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:13:56 -0800 (PST)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: RAFT Glove-a-phone heads up.

As some of you know I've been toying with the RAFT
idea of a latex glove-a-phone. I've been recommending
it alot, but just discovered a real problem with it.
By a miracle I just completed a class set without
problems, but on my second class I discovered that
inferior toilet and paper towel rolls can make the
instrument very difficult to complete and my class
suffered terribly as I tried to band-aid the cheap
tubes into operation. If you are considering it,
please make sure that your paper towel tubes are
sturdy, recycle the weak and timid.

I've just hooked my latex glove to a five foot piece
of 1 1/2" abs drain pipe and it makes a beautiful
digereedoo sound, the membrane of the glove pulses so
cool. I'm now cutting short lengths of 1" PVC pipe to
use instead of the paper towel rolls, the cost, per
instrument, about twenty cents.

If you aren't aware of this nifty sound thingee you
can get the plan from RAFT or email me and I'll try to
fax it to you or something.

With firm handshake,
Raleigh