Liquid Crystal Display for Overhead

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 00:00:02 PST

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 03:00:02 EST
Subject: Liquid Crystal Display for Overhead

<< Subject: laptop to overhead projector connector
>From: "Marc Crown" <mcrown@gwhs.org>
>Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:00:47 -0800
>I am looking for a cheap way to connect my laptop to my overhead
>projector. I have heard that there is a screen that you can buy that
>is like a see-thru lcd that you connect to the usb port and put on
>top of the projector screen.
>I can't find one anywhere.
>any idea's where one might find such a thing?

There is a nice 3M one going for $65 on eBay right now. Do a search on "LCD
overhead" and you will get several hits on eBay. The only problem is they
usually do not work with Macs since they are set up for VGA or better from a
PC with direct monitor output. I remember when the units were selling to
schools for $1800 each and we who were teaching computer programming couldn't
wait to get one. Now we just use the projection units hung from the ceiling.
 Today's cutting edge technology certainly is tomorrow's old hat. Wonder
what's next?

Al Sefl
Who was around when the wheel was invented...
And who's round shape was the inspiration for it...