Magnetic Shock Absorbers

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 17:23:35 PST

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:23:35 -0800 (PST)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Magnetic Shock Absorbers

I've been fishing around body shops and Chevy dealers
trying to find the first wrecked Corvette shocks to
take apart. The latest Corvette uses shocks with
magneto-rheological fluid and computer controlled
electromagnets to dampen motion on the car. A body
shop called me and told me "he might have a shock for
me" (the wrecked car isn't in the shop yet) and I
suddenly got worried. Is this stuff toxic? I know I
should probably avoid ingestion, but can I actually
touch this stuff? I'm writing GM to see if they will
tell me anything, but I don't know how fast they will
get back to me. What do you all know about this stuff?
Can I play with it?

With firm handshake,
Raleigh