Falling off the earth

From: Jhumki Basu (sjbasu@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 14:22:50 PST

From: "Jhumki Basu" <sjbasu@hotmail.com>
Subject: Falling off the earth
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:22:50 +0000

I think it's correct to say that the earth is an accelerating reference
frame, which, because of rotation and revolution, causes me to move in (two)
circles, one around the axis of the earth, the other, to a close enough
approximation, around the sun

So why, as a result of either or both of these circular accelerations, do I
not feel as if I am falling off the earth, as a result of my own inertia?
(This is how I feel when I am in a turning car or on a merry-go-round.)

Thanks!
Jhumki Basu