Bolometer/Thermopile - was What is this stuff?

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 13:03:01 PST

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:03:01 EST
Subject: Bolometer/Thermopile - was What is this stuff?

Greetings Roy:

I hooked the Bolometer up to a very sensitive galvanometer and got heat
readings from incandescent lamps, IR heaters, flames, and sunlight. The unit
has a neat horn focusing system not unlike a microwave horn.

My firewall is invisible when I initiate the contact. It only stops incoming
spam and messages that are from blocked domains and unsolicited email
sources. Even with it down I could not find the patent office search by
number. Most likely my ancient eyes just cannot read the fine print to find
the link on the web page.

Thanks again for the information. Someone had put current through the second
unit which burned out the very fine thermocouple ribbons. They are so fine
that I know of no replacement materials which will work so I may alter the
horn using solid state sensors.

Best wishes to everyone,

Al Sefl
A large IR radiating mass...