Re: pinhole Speed of light, a law, or just a good idea?

From: pauld@exploratorium.edu
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 19:59:03 PDT

From: pauld@exploratorium.edu
Subject: Re: pinhole Speed of light, a law, or just a good idea?
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:59:00 US/Pacific

Hi Raleigh

Scientists have been slowing light to less than bicycling speeds for years now.
It's well established and repeatable.

Just picture the material as having a really large index of refraction.

Of course then I have to explain how the index of refraction slows light.
Oops just dug myself into another hole.

(However I can do it next time I see you and we have some paper in front of us.)

Paul D