re: geology

From: Mike Schulist (schulist@marin.k12.ca.us)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 17:55:55 PDT

Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 17:55:55 -0700
From: Mike Schulist <schulist@marin.k12.ca.us>
Subject: re: geology

Joe,
The book "Geologic Trips San Francisco and the Bay Area" by Ted
Konigsmark is a good one for basic geology of the area. In addition
to the Headlands, Ring Mountain is a great place to see metamorphic
rock and serpentine. I'm leading a geology hike for new teachers in
the headlands this Saturday (meeting at the Exploratorium at 1:00) if
you are interested. We'll look at the chert and pillow basalt there.
I have some information from an CSTA field trip to the headlands, and
I'd be happy to send it to you if you want.

-Mike Schulist
Miller Creek Middle School