Re: pinhole Geology

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 08:27:34 PDT

Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 08:27:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: pinhole Geology

There is supposed to be a new Lawrence Hall of Science
exhibit on our bay area landforms and geology that
sounded really cool. Outside, with a huge "stream
table" and a tectonic plate demonstration. Haven't
seen it built (saw the construction though!) but the
ideas seemed pretty neat. Granite, I'm not sure if it
opened yet.

Other east bay stuff is the fault creep (I'm talking
about the land form, not the weird person standing at
the top of the bleachers) at the UC stadium and other
short walks in Berkeley and Hayward. The
Exploratorium's "Rocks with Roxie" walk was great.
Call Roxie at the GGNRA headquarters, she has always
been helpful to me in answering questions about
geology and suggesting walks.

With firm handshake,
Raleigh