seeking environmental education position (H.S.)

From: beth kassler (bethkassler@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 16:17:08 PDT

From: "beth kassler" <bethkassler@hotmail.com>
Subject: seeking environmental education position (H.S.)
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 23:17:08 +0000

I am putting the word out to anyone who has biology or environmental science
  openings at their school next year. I have been teaching these two
subjects at George Washington H.S. in SF for the last 5 years and am seeking
some changes.
My ideal situation would include the following:
smaller school (<1500)
positive, progressive, cohesive staff, (at least department!)
project based, hands-on curriculum focus
outdoor education potential
block or modified schedule.
staff / admin with vision
In addition i would be interested in teaching, (or starting) an AP
environmental science class.

Over the years, my students have built and maintained a vegetable garden,
native plant garden, participated in various local restoration projects and
we have gone on several camping trips. As a teacher, my passion lies in
using nature as a medium for students to learn, be more physically active
and connect back to the land. I have seen it be extremely successful but
also feel a smaller school with more of a project based focus would have
even greater benefit.

Please feel free to contact me with any leads or questions you might have. I
am open to schools in the East Bay and South Bay as well
Thank you

Beth Kassler