WebCT and CSET

From: Marc Afifi (marc_afifi@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 13:06:41 PDT

Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:06:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Afifi <marc_afifi@yahoo.com>
Subject: WebCT and CSET

I am currently taking three courses from Montana State
University which use WebCT (Web Course Tools). While
the same could be accomplished using email, WebCT
allows for timed tests and quizzes using HTML.

I have not had any difficulty at all with the web site
save one crash of the server which came right when I
went to Chicago for a wedding, so that was great
timing!

I don't know how long UCSC has been using the program,
but MSU has really taken good advantage of it. I
really enjoy it and find it very easy to use.

Regarding CSET:

Marc Crown wrote:
> I am planning to take the cset on july 19th. science
> subtest and
> biology subtest. Does anyone have a study guide for
> this?

Did you try this link?
http://www.cset.nesinc.com/CS_testguide_Sciopener.htm

There are lots of sample questions for each of the
tests located here. You'll need Acrobat Reader which
is a free download. I found the sample questions to be
very helpful and not just a rewording of the
standards, whatever they're worth.

-Marc

=====
Marc Afifi