Re: Costa Rica curriculum

From: Alejandra León-Castellá (leonale@racsa.co.cr)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 18:24:42 PDT

Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:24:42 -0600
From: Alejandra León-Castellá <leonale@racsa.co.cr>
Subject: Re: Costa Rica curriculum

Hi!
Here from Costa Rica, I could suggest some web sites to visit.
Some are only in Spanish, some are also in English.
Hope it is helpful.
Alejandra Leon Castella
Fundacion CIENTEC

General science (our web site)
http://www.cientec.or.cr

Costa Rica and its seven provinces (Spanish and English)
Includes geographic, population and meteorological data.
You can find links to National Parks and Reserves, Museums.
http://cientec.or.cr/provincias/provincias.html

Recreation in Costa Rica Seen Through the Eyes of Children (English)
http://www.virtualmuseum.ca/Exhibitions/Festiva1/en/crb/index.html

Recreación a través de los ojos de los niños (Spanish)
http://www.virtualmuseum.ca/Exhibitions/Festiva1/sp/crb/index.html

Rain.... lots of rain...
National Meteorological Institute
http://www.imn.ac.cr/

Satellite Image of the area.
http://www.imn.ac.cr/prono/satelite.html

Extended forecast (weekly)
http://www.imn.ac.cr/prono/EXTENDIDO.htm

Volcanoes and earthquakes... much too.

Observatory Vulcanológico y Sismológico de Costa Rica
http://www.ovsicori.una.ac.cr/

Volcanoes...
http://www.ovsicori.una.ac.cr/pag/pagivulca.html

Earthquakes
http://www.ovsicori.una.ac.cr/pag/pag1sis.html

Recent sismicity:
http://www.ovsicori.una.ac.cr/pag/sismosrecent.html

BIODIVERSITY... (which also means lots of insects!)

The great Hawk migration in October
http://cientec.or.cr/aves/migracion.html

6 Costa Rican Trees
http://cientec.or.cr/ambiente/arboles/arboles.html