white boards

From: Treena Joi (tjoi@stanfordalumni.org)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 16:44:47 PDT

Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:44:47 -0700
From: Treena Joi <tjoi@stanfordalumni.org>
Subject: white boards

The white board material is available in bulk at home despot ... they
know it as shower board, it's usually with lumber and panelling. You
should have them cut it down, I recommend 1ft x 1ft. Some stores say
they can't cut it for you, technically that is their policy, but you can
usually tell a good joke to the floor help and tell them you are teacher.
Kids can work in pairs or groups or four to cut down on board and/or pen
costs. As far as cheap pens, I recommend investing in the low odor
variety as your classroom will be uninhabitable with the standard stinky
pens -- it is really really bad with any more than two or three of those.
Good Luck, tj

Treena Joiful
650-325-6400