September is Library Card Sign-Up Month

From: Jo Falcon (jofalcon@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 11:12:00 PDT

Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:12:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jo Falcon <jofalcon@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: September is Library Card Sign-Up Month

The American Library Association, for public libraries, has declared
September to be Library Card Sign-Up Month, with slogans like "the most
important of your school supplies is a library card." I have NO shame
about piggy-backing on this to suggest that Pinholers who know what a
great resource this place is bring a colleague or two for a look at the
Learning Studio, and tell them about the Educator Memberships.

        http://www.exploratorium.edu/membership/benefits.html

Though it says "must indicate school affiliation on form," this does
include home schoolers -- for whom it's maybe even a better deal than for
those of you in schools.

And I'm slowly recognizing that, unthinkable as it is, some TI alums don't
know they're entitled to a library card. Amazing. Even more amazing,
some of you HAVE library cards and don't know it, as we found out in
registering this summer's classes. If you're not sure (or have lost your
card and/or card number) e-mail me and I'll look it up for you.

See you 3-5:00 weekdays, so far -- and I'll let you know as soon as
Saturday hours resume.

Jo Falcon, MLIS
The Exploratorium Learning Studio
415 561-0343