White board markers

From: Rilla Chaney (rchaney@marin.k12.ca.us)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 21:41:53 PDT

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:41:53 -0700
From: Rilla Chaney <rchaney@marin.k12.ca.us>
Subject: White board markers

White boards are, as earlier discussed on pinhole, a great way to encourage participation and do a quick assessment, but there was also a
sense that white board markers were too expensive and gave off significant fumes.

 Orange, hot pink, green and purple Highlighters(alco) I found at Longs are 25 cents each and give off no odor. Students may already own
these. (Other brands may work, I haven't checked them all.) If you have access to a Hoby Lobby their 12 pack brush pens run $1.99 and will
also work. Both erase with a dry paper towel.

Rilla Chaney