Pinhole : Exploratorium and Jane Goodall at Long Beach!

From: ASKDRSP@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 22:01:39 PDT

From: ASKDRSP@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 01:01:39 EDT
Subject: Pinhole : Exploratorium and Jane Goodall at Long Beach!

Greetings Fellow-Pinholers:

The extended preregistration due date is nearing so I thought I would send
another reminder to you all. Please note that the Exploratorium family will be
at the conference showcasing what they do best as well as the wonderful Linda
Shore will be there on Sunday as a focus speaker ... here is a short recap of
what else to expect in Long Beach at your science education conference 2003
from the 9th -12th of October:

Take care and hope to see you there ...
Sue Pritchard

 The California Science Education Conference is approaching.

The largest statewide professional development opportunity for science
educators is about to take place in Long Beach. The California Science Education
Conference, October 9-12, will feature over 300 workshops, short courses, field
courses, focus speaker sessions, and other standards-based events to enhance
your teaching skills and further your science content knowledge.

We are proud to present -- for the first time at a CSTA conference -- distingu
ished scholar and amazing naturalist and environmentalist Dr. Jane Goodall as
our Keynote Speaker.

Just added: John Dyer on Sunday, October 12 -- sure to motivate and inspire
with more than a dash of humor.

To accommodate teachers just returning to schools, the preregistration
deadline has been extended to September 24. So don't hesitate another minute . . .
register today!

Click on the links below to learn more about the conference:

CSTA's California Science Education Conference homepage contains links to
everything you need to know about the conference, including funding sources and
strategies, field courses, short courses, and more!

Professional Development opportunities:

NCLB/Title II Professional Development Strand -- which can be paid for using
NCLB/Title II monies -- focuses on three core subject matters: Earth, Life,
and Physical sciences.

For New Teachers, a complete new teacher strand will provide the opportunity
to earn professional development credit. New teachers will also want to take
advantage of the pre-conference day, No New Teacher Left Behind. It's the best
one-day session you can attend to help you survive your 1st- to 3rd-year as
a science teacher -- an affordable means of enhancing your teaching skills and
classroom management techniques.

For those interested in learning more about Lesson Study, the dynamic
teaching strategy that's sweeping the nation, our one-day pre-conference workshop
will give you a demonstration of an actual Lesson Study session in action.

Underperforming Schools: Use IIUSP, Title I, and Title II monies to help pay
for your professional development! See your school site administrator or
district staff developer.

You won't want to miss the opportunity to join your colleagues from around
the state. We look forward to seeing you in Long Beach!

--

California Science Teachers Association

3800 Watt Ave., Suite 100

Sacramento, CA 95821