Re: pinhole stipends?

From: Lori Lambertson (loril@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 10:31:31 PDT

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:31:31 -0700
From: Lori Lambertson <loril@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole stipends?

Hello Pinholers,
About those stipends from Summer, 2003..... We know that many of you were
counting on having that money by now.
A few things are delaying your receiving stipends from last summer. Our
computer system here was seriously plagued with some of the viruses/worms
that were going around last month, and all the summer data that had been
entered into the system was lost. Re-entering it could not be done until
our server was functioning properly, which took some time. The data has
now been re-entered. All the summer stipend information has finally been
turned over to our accounting department.
However, our accounting department's turn around time is much longer than
usual right now, for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately, we cannot say
when your stipend will be sent, and we are sorry for the delay. Please
know that you will get paid eventually.
Again, our apologies,
The Teacher Institute