Bay Area Skeptics

From: Gary Horne (gary@horne.cc)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 09:22:36 PST

From: Gary Horne <gary@horne.cc>
Subject: Bay Area Skeptics
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:22:36 -0800

The Bay Area Skeptics, a group dedicated to debunking urban legends,
misleading claims, and general wackiness, is looking for teachers and
others in the education field who would like to join our group. We
meet throughout the year to sponsor interesting speakers and publish a
quarterly journal. We were once a large, influencial group, but now,
it seems, have fallen on hard times.

Right now, we are interested in putting together a library of classroom
activities that would teach critical thinking skills to a variety of
ages. We are also planning a contest, open to all high school
students, on skepticism (with a large monetary prize!). We would love
your input.

We need ambitious new members who are fed up with false advertising and
charletons preying on the desperation of people in need.

Join us! We're fun, smart, and weird (but in a good way!) And check us
out at http://www.baskeptics.org/