Learning Studio CLOSED Thanksgiving week, Wed/Thu/Fri

From: Jo Falcon (jofalcon@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 16:17:15 PST

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:17:15 -0800 (PST)
From: Jo Falcon <jofalcon@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Learning Studio CLOSED Thanksgiving week, Wed/Thu/Fri

And not just to give me time to cook turkey: our collection management
software is being upgraded. You should hardly notice it -- in fact, you
can still check the online catalog at

        http://library.exploratorium.edu/

during those closed days -- but backstage, the entire pile'o'pixels will
be packing up its electrons and moving to a new host computer, with a
slicker program. When the changeover is complete, we'll be more nearly
safe from crashes, impervious to hackers, and able to search the database
faster than a speeding bullet.

If you have books or other goodies to return during this time, please
leave them with the front desk. If you have reference questions or want a
book or video held for you, please e-mail NOT this address, but

        studio@exploratorium.edu

where it won't get lost among my personal mail. Thanks, and have an
excellent Thanksgiving --

Jo Falcon, MLIS
The Exploratorium Learning Studio
415 561-0343