winter canoe and kayak trips from Save the Bay

From: Lori Lambertson (loril@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 15:28:54 PST

Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:28:54 -0800
From: Lori Lambertson <loril@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: winter canoe and kayak trips from Save the Bay

Hello Pinhole Friends,
Our Save the Bay friends are offering a number of trips for adults and/or
families or other groups this winter. Check out the following web page
http://www.savesfbay.org/calendar/index.cfm
to find out what trips are offered in your neck of the bay.
Here's a sample of what they offer: next Saturday, Dec. 13 is a Marin
Islands Kayak and Restoration Trip. Paddle to those little islands that
are normally off-limits to the public, home to one of the area's largest
heron rookeries. Cost $45 Members, $55 Non-members. Online reservations
can be made at www.savesfbay.org or by calling (510) 452 9261.
Here is some general information from them about their trips:

Discover The Bay

Why should tourists have all the fun?

Save The Bay offers fun, inspiring adventures for everyone on San Francisco
Bay. Our Discover The Bay outings give you and your family an opportunity
to experience the Bay first hand in a canoe, kayak, or on foot.

Most of the Bay Area's seven million residents live within several miles of
the shoreline, but only see the Bay from a bridge or freeway. Discover The
Bay adventures engage you with a new Bay experience and give you a direct
connection to our greatest natural treasure.

Learn about the Bay's diverse fish and wildlife, its rich natural and
cultural history, and its impact on our quality of life and our economy.

All outings are open to adults and families seeking a fun adventure on
the Bay. We provide all necessary equipment. Discover The Bay outings are
led by Save The Bay naturalists certified in Wilderness First Aid and CPR.
Canoe trips serve age 10 and up; kayak trips serve age 16 and up.

Custom Canoe And Kayak Outings For Your Group

Save The Bay also offers special Discover The Bay outings for your business
or private group of 15 people or more. You choose the type of outing
(canoe, kayak, or on foot), educational content, and location. Contact
Jessica Parsons jparsons@saveSFbay.org or at 510-452-9261 to custom design
a Discover The Bay outing for your group!