dissolving Coke can

From: Mike Schulist (schulist@marin.k12.ca.us)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 09:36:24 PST

Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:36:24 -0800
From: Mike Schulist <schulist@marin.k12.ca.us>
Subject: dissolving Coke can

During the Chemistry class a few months ago, we learned that you can
dissolve an aluminum can by soaking it in a liquid, resulting in
only the plastic inner casing holding the coke. I misplaced my
information and can't remember what the liquid was, or what method we
used to hold the inner plastic casing once the aluminum dissolved.
Anyone remember this? Thanks!

Mike Schulist
Miller Creek Middle School