EMF

From: Algis Sodonis (asodonis@urbanschool.org)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 15:33:24 PST

Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:33:24 -0800
Subject: EMF
From: "Algis Sodonis" <asodonis@urbanschool.org>

How is electro motive force different than voltage?

I am aware that this is probably a historical term and is indeed not a force, but generally the ability to move electrons in a circuit which is now called a voltage or electric potential. However, my textbook in some sections refers to the voltage of a circuit and in other places refers to the EMF. How are they different?

Algis Sodonis

The Urban School of SF