Testing the National Way

From: Rilla Chaney (rmchaney@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 10:27:37 PST

Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 10:27:37 -0800
From: Rilla Chaney <rmchaney@comcast.net>
Subject: Testing the National Way

http://www.edinformatics.com/testing/testing.htm

In working on test writing skills I came across a web site above that
offers the state test questions which have been released by any state
that has done so. Some are copyright, but many are not. Even those
which are copy righted can be used as models for good questions.
Writers of standardized questions figure that an hour per question is
acceptable for producing a good question. I haven't met the teacher yet
who had that many hours in a day. Take a look. Note the graphics. See
if these would help you write better exams faster or prep your kids for
the state tests. There are the usual multiple choice, but don't skip
the open response variety. Many are written with prompts to allow
different types and levels of understanding to be tested.