FW: Buchser Middle School Fire

From: Kirshen@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 18:50:32 PST

From: Kirshen@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:50:32 EST
Subject: FW: Buchser Middle School Fire

From: Amy Brindos, Science Teacher at Buchser Middle School.

Hello everyone. I am sure you have at least seen on the news that there has
been a fire at Buchser Middle School and some of you know I do teach sixth
grade science there. The main damage has been to the Science Department.
Which means my entire classroom is gone..... I cannot begin to explain the
terror and heart break I am going through. Half of my life is gone and a lot
of that is irreplaceable. The letters I got from students, the projects they
did, all of my lesson plans, posters, books, computers, slides, vidoes.....
the list is endless.... I am constantly remembering things that were in my
classroom. It seems impossible to go on without all that was my life at
work. Rebuilding seems... well like climbing Mnt. Everest would be easier.

I am not the only teacher who has lost everything.... 5 other science
teachers and 2 special education teachers also lost everything. Imagine
losing everything that is on your computer and in your classroom, years of
work...between us more then 100 years of work... everything is gone.

I wanted to ask you for help... we teach middle school science (6, 7 & 8-
Earth, Life and Physical) and lesson plans or articles.... anything you
think might be helpful would be much appreciated as we lost everything.

The good news is that no one was hurt physically and that we can rebuild. We
did have insurance but you can imagine all the time and energy it will take
to replace equipment.... beakers, graduated cylinders, hot plates, triple
beam balances, microscopes, etc, etc, etc.... not to mention the new
computer lab/multi-media room we just added to the science department.

I feel like I am rambling and probably bringing you down... I am very sorry
for that. Thank you for all of your support and please feel free to pass
this and any future emails along to anyone you think might be able to help.
Thank you so much.

Kind Regards,
Amy Brindos
Buchser Middle School